Index of Posts on Theological Mentors
Since I have now been blogging long enough that more than 100,000 people have visited this site (something I still find amazing), I am going to create some indices of popular series I have done for the benefit of new readers. This will enable me to refocus for new efforts, such as continuing my case for GLBT inclusion in churches (with a single-standard sexual ethic), etc. This is stock-taking.
Realizing that we all stand in particular traditions, I have written a fairly popular series on my theological mentors–one that I may soon resume.
- The late Mennonite theologian John Howard Yoder (1927-1997).
- Baptist ethicist and peacemaker, Glen H. Stassen (1936-).
- My eldest daughter’s namesake, Baptist theologian and seminary president, Molly T. Marshall.
- Baptist historian and mystic, E. Glenn Hinson.
- The late Baptist theologian James Wm. McClendon, Jr. (1924-2000).
- The late philosopher and French Reformed Christian Paul Ricoeur (1913-2005).
- Baptist philosophical theologian Dan R. Stiver.
Well, this is obviously incomplete and I clearly haven’t added to it recently. I need to write posts on my college NT. prof., Craig Blomberg, on George R. Beasley-Murray, Clarence Jordan, Henlee Barnette, Dorothy Day, Letty Russell, Paul Fiddes, Dietrich Bonhoeffer, Martin Luther King, Jr., J. Deotis Roberts, Muriel Lester, Walter Brueggemann, Daniel Berrigan, S.J., & William Stringfellow. At least. (I have written on some of these, but not as personal mentors.) I hope people continue to enjoy this series.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.