Brief Birther Update: The “Kenyan Birth Certificate” is Fake, Folks
Again, the “birthers'” claim that Barack Obama is not a natural born citizen is not about the facts, but about their deeply racist belief that he is not “entitled” to the White House. But now they are pushing a “Kenyan birth certificate” that they claim is “real” while the Hawai’ian birth certificate is fake. Once more, folks: EVEN IF Ann Dunham had given birth to Barack Hussein Obama in Kenya (a place she never visited), he’d still be a natural born citizen because SHE was a U.S. citizen and never renounced that citizenship–just as John McCain is a natural born citizen even though he was born in PANAMA!
But this “Kenyan birth certificate” is fake for the following reasons (at least)–no matter what Orly Tate says:
- Although the document circulated is dated February of 1964, it says “Republic of Kenya.” Kenya did not become a Republic until DECEMBER of 1964 (and Obama was born in 1961–Did it take 3 years to get an “authentic” birth certificate?).
- The document is dated 5 August 1964, a Saturday, but Kenyan public offices are closed on Saturdays.
- The registrar is supposedly someone named “E. F. Lavender.” According to friends from that part of Africa, “E. F. Lavender” is a well-known brand of SOAP in Kenya.
- The document looks shiny new. Unless Kenya was using acid-free paper for official documents way back in 1964, then this document should look far more aged–like my birth certificate from PA looks.
- Hospital officials in Kenya say that have no listing for any “Barack Hussein Obama” born 04 August 1961–but the Honalulu hospital in Hawai’i DOES.
But don’t let the facts get in your way, birthers. After all, you didn’t let the facts get in the way when you believed Jerry Falwell’s “The Clinton Chronicles” videotape charging Bill Clinton with several rapes and murders as governor of AR and got the AR state police to cover it up. You didn’t let the facts stop you from believing the “Swift Boaters” claiming that the genuine war hero (and later peace hero in the Winter Soldier hearings) John Kerry was a coward who didn’t deserve his medals, but that the chickenhawk George W. Bush, who loved the Vietnam War as long as he didn’t have to go and fight, WAS a hero. You can believe anything in spite of the facts. Watch going too close to the edge of our flat earth, fools.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.